CGI Campus News FY-11
Education Services Officer
If You are No Longer an ESO
- Or you want to be removed from this email list, please send an email to CGI-DG-WebMaster@uscg.mil and ask to be removed. If you received this email as a forward from your ESO and you believe you should no longer be on the bang list your ESO used, contact your ESO. CGI-DG-WebMaster@uscg.mil only controls the Institute's bang lists.
CHANGE OF COMMAND
- It has been my great pleasure to have served as Commanding Officer, Coast Guard Institute. My thanks to the staff here and to all of you. I know there were a lot of changes. Thanks for all the support in making it happen. It was a great motivator working for Coast Guard members. Oklahoma City is a great duty station and the facilities on the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center are outstanding. My relief is CDR Don Winfield. The Change of Command will happen on 11 August at 1500. Thank you all.
- My congratulations to the recipients of the Education Services Officer of the Year and the Vander Putten Inspirational Student of the Year Awards.
- 2011 Coast Guard Full Time Education Services Odficer of the Year Debra Annam
- 2011 Coast Guard Collateral Duty Education Services Ofdicer of the Year BMCS Michael Jensen
- 2011 Vander Putten Inspirational Student of the Year AMT2 Alex Mangum
SPOUSE EDUCATION GRANT
- The Coast Guard Foundation mailed checks to 74 Coast Guard spouses that are pursuing degrees at all levels up through Ph. D. My thanks to all of you for getting the word out on the new grant.
EDUCATION ADVISORY COUNCIL
- The EAC was formed in 2010 to serve as both a sounding board for the Institute and as an advocacy group on behalf of the field. We all see the processes from different angles, but we all want what is best for the Coast Guard and for the training and education community. If you have a suggestion for an improvement, the EAC is a good place to start.
- New Members of the were announced at the ESO Symposium. The members of the Council are:
- Full Time ESOs
- Mr. Troy Blappert PSSU Seattle
Mr. Joe Bloomquist PSSU St. Louis
Mr. Marc Fagenbaum PSSU Miami
Mr. Steve Fraijo PSSU San Pedro
Ms. Margo Haineq Sector Lake Michigan
Dr. Bonnie Kelly  9 ATC Mobile
Ms. Alice Slate Sector Long Island Sound
Ms. Shelby Dill* &nbqp; Sector Houston Galveston
Mr. Jim McLaughlin* Air Station Cape Cod
- Member at Large
- CWO Joe Harvey* Coast Guard Academy
- *New members selected in 2011
DoD WORLD WIDE 2012
Last Modified 9/19/2013