NSFCC | Operations Department
The Operations Department at the National Strike Force Coordination Center manages all operations functions for the National Strike Force including training, doctrine, policy, equipment procurement, standardization, and maintenance for all strike teams. The department consists of the Response Support Division, the Team Support Division, a Logistics/Inventory Specialist, an ICS Support Specialist, and an Industrial Hygienist.
Response Support Division Responsibilities:
- Maintains all pollution response equipment
- Conducts nation-wide pollution resource assessment visits
- Classifies all oil spill removal organizations (OSRO)
- Maintains national database of all pollution response equipment
Team Support Division Responsibilities:
- Manages the NSF training program for the strike teams
- Oversees the qualification program for strike team members
- Responsible for all strike team CBRN equipment purchases, standardization, implementation
Emergency Management Specialist/ICS Program Coordinator:
- The Emergency Management Specialist/Incident Command System (ICS) Program Coordinator is responsible for conceiving, coordinating, and planning National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS programs for the NSF. The Specialist also works closely with multiple federal agencies to ensure compliance with recommendations from the NIMS Integration Center and alignment of NIMS practices with other federal partners.
- The Industrial Hygienist is responsible for the overall safety of NSF personnel and maintains the NSFCC Occupational Medical Surveillance and Evaluation Program (OMSEP).
“The World’s Best Responders: Any Time, Any Place, Any Hazard.”