CG Foundation Spouse Education Grant (SPEG)
Spouses & Dependents
About the grant
- Grant is supported by gift funds from the CG Foundation and will be disbursed based on availability of funds.
- Grant is a needs based grant intended to assist spouses pursuing professional development courses, licensing courses, certificates, certifications and undergraduate/graduate degrees.
Who is eligible?
- Spouses of active duty enlisted paersonnel in pay grades E-3 to E-6.
- Spouses of Reservists (pay grades E-3 to E-6) on any type of active duty orders for at least one year in duration.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree or certification from a nationally or regionally accredited institution. Typically, these programs give credit in semester, quarter or clock hours.
What will the grant cover?
- Required educational items not funded through other educational resources.
- May include: books, school fees, transportation and child care costs.
How much will the grant pay?
- The maximum payable is $500 per calendar year.
What is the application process?
- Applications may be in advance of class dates, however applicants must supply proof of enrollment.
- Download the CG Foundation Spouse Education Grant Application (CGI-1570) and save to your computer.
- An essay no longer than 500 words is required. It should address what it means to the applicant to be a Coast Guard spouse and what impact education has made or how it will make their lives and the lives of their family better.
- Once complete, the form must be signed by both the active duty/reservist member (sponsor) and the spouse (sponsee).
- Completed form and proof of enrollment can be sent to the CG Institute via: