Repayment of Tuition Assistance
Active Duty Member
You will have to repay TA if:
- You do not receive a passing final grade.
- Undergraduate students who receive a grade less than a "D" or whose average GPA is less than 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0) on the previous 12 semester hours using TA.
- For graduate courses, passing is maintaining an academic average in the previous 12 semester hours of a "B" or better.
- You receive an "Incomplete" in a course and do not submit a passing final grade within 6 months of the course's original end date.
- You disenroll/withdraw from a course after the college's cut-off date for disenrollments/withdrawals and school received TA monies for the course.
- You separate prior to course completion date.
- Member fails to submit grade within current policy timeline.
- A course cancelled through the TA division does not necessarily mean it has been cancelled with the school. The student is highly encouraged to ensure both the registrar and billing offices are both notified of a cancelled course. Once a school invoices for a course, any previous cancellation code is removed and the course is "reactivated". The member is left responsible for the course cost unless a passing grade is provided.
How is repayment collected?
- Normally, action will be taken by NETPDTC to have TA indebtedness collected via member's pay.
- However, member may repay TA debt by mailing a money order or cashier's check (do not send personal check) payable to the U.S. Treasury to:
NETPDTC N814/Coast Guard Group
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5241
- Member should include a copy of the TA Authorization form and ensure SSN, course name, and TA Authorization number is on the check.