Request an Official Transcript
Active Duty Member
What is an official transcript?
- Official documentation of college credit for military learning experiences that is sent to colleges. This is the document colleges use to award your credit.
- Your official transcript is based on your assessment. Although you may request both at the same time, an assessment must be completed before an official transcript can be produced.
How do I apply?
- Use the Application for Transcript (CGI-1561).
- Once complete, the form should be emailed to your ESO for verification & submission to the CG Institute.
- If you are applying to a SOCCOAST college, you should send your enrollment package via the Institute because the registrar will process your request immediately.
What is on my official transcript?
- College credit is based on ACE credit recommendations for your:
- rate history
- military training history
- military correspondence course history
- college credit examinations history
- certification history
Why do I need an official transcript?
- Colleges will require an official transcript before they will award college credit for your military advancement and training.
- Official transcripts are sent directly to the college - most college will not accept transcripts submitted by the student.
How do I get official transcripts from other military services?