Staff Training Annual
Each of the following steps is required to be completed annually (1 April to 31 March)
- Participate in a minimum of 8 Liquefied Gas Carrier
Examinations. At least one exam shall be on a ship whose
cargo is different than the others (i.e. 1 LNG, 7 LPG ships).
- Participate as a member on at least 1 FGCE certification board.
- Participate in a minimum of 5 days of gas carrier industry related training
(Courses necessary to maintain professional mariner
certifications may be used to satisfy this requirement).
- Perform at least 5 days of non
gas carrier examination related opportunities. (Examples of this
may include attending ISM/ISO auditor courses, STCW Basic Safety
Course, working with classification societies or attending a
workshop dealing with human performance technology).
- Attend at least 1 gas carrier industry related conference or seminar.
- For members holding the JC competency.
Conduct at least 3 hours of formal instruction (with at least
one Instructor Feedback Form completed by a member holding a JC
qualification) and/or 5 hours of practical performance training
(in the field with a FGCE apprentice). Alternatively,
should a member be unable to meet the above contact hours due to
other commitments, the Detachment Chief may authorize other
professional development opportunities which may include
attendance at professional workshops or other human performance
technology related seminars or college level courses as an
- Read at least 2 liquefied gas related industry books/documents to assist in the professional growth and knowledge of unit personnel.