Staff Training Program - Annual Refresher
- Participate in a minimum of 8 Foreign Passenger Vessel Exams
- Participate in a minimum of 5 days of cruise industry related training (with an industry operator or related manufacturer, technical office, repair facility/technician, etc).
- Spend a minimum of 1 days performing non Foreign Passenger Vessel-exam CG missions associated with the cruise ship industry (facility security exams, plan review, SFP exams, security escorts, etc).
- Spend a minimum of 1 days shadowing other Federal Agency partners (i.e. CBP, ICE, U.S. Marshals, CDC, USPHS) in their interaction with the cruise industry.
- Read a minimum of 2 texts on subjects related to the cruise shipping industry, one on it’s history or operation; another that is technically oriented towards systems, design methodology, etc.
- Attend a minimum of 2 continuing education sessions on subjects related to the cruise shipping industry (conferences, surveyor courses, etc).
- Conduct at least 6 hours of formal instruction (with at least one Instructor Feedback Form completed by a member holding a JC qualification) and 5 hours of practical performance training (in the field with a FPVE apprentice). Alternatively, should a member be unable to meet the above contact hours due to other commitments, the Detachment Chief may authorize other professional development opportunities which may include attendance at professional workshops or other related seminars or college level courses as an equivalent.