Staff Subject Matter Expert Responsibilities
The CSNCOE shall provide Subject Matter Expertise within the specialized area of the NCOE to improve the Coast Guard’s Prevention Program to provide the following services:.
- Support the Office of Traveling Inspectors, CG-CVC, FORCECOM, and Training Center Yorktown on issues relating to the standardization and consistency of the Marine Safety Mission.
- Support the marine industry and the Coast Guard’s Prevention Program by providing consultative services regarding novel and unique design, examination, and operational situations on cruise vessels.
- Provide recommendations to the appropriate Coast Guard offices in support of:
- the development and implementation of new policy related to the Foreign Passenger Vessel Examination program.
- the development and implementation of new training requirements for the Foreign Passenger Vessel Examination program.
- ongoing IMO activities related exclusively to the cruise ship industry.
- Participate in and lead MMS audits.
- Consolidate best practices for the Foreign Passenger Vessel Exam program and incorporate into resident, non-resident, and on the job training as well as the MMS.
- Act as the “One Stop Shop” for providing the latest relevant Foreign Passenger Vessel Exam program information and policy via web site, electronic media or standard forms of communication to Coast Guard field units, industry and Government stakeholders.
- Provide support to training Center Yorktown with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Port State Control Officer Course.