Customer Service Representatives
The CSNCOE has developed Customer Service Representatives to help promote, establish and maintain Industry, Coast Guard & Government Partnerships within the specialized area of the NCOE.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with cruise lines that have ships operating from or calling on U.S. ports, shipyards, classification societies, cruise ship equipment manufacturers, cruise industry trade associations, and pertinent “other government agencies” associated with this industry.
- Serve as independent/third party feedback mechanism for cruise lines, classification societies, and other cruise industry stakeholders regarding any concerns that develop regarding the Coast Guard’s foreign passenger vessel exam program.
- Maintain mutual training agreements with classification societies and other companies as needed.
- Facilitate quick resolution of any negative industry feedback.
- Conduct necessary outreach in order to keep stakeholders informed.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, advisory committees, trade shows, etc.
- Evaluate industry feedback regarding consistency in the field, trends, special considerations and inexperienced personnel and provide this information to the appropriate Coast Guard element for resolution.
- Facilitate quick resolution of technical compliance issues brought up by cruise industry stakeholders and Coast Guard field units.
- Engage directly with cruise industry stakeholders regarding new technological advances and coming changes in cruise vessels and communicate recommendations on these to the appropriate Coast Guard offices.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016