Garage and Hobby Shop
The primary responsibility of the vehicle shop/garage personnel is maintaining and supporting the fleet of vehicles and heavy equipment used by the training center.
The Hobby Shop is located in the garage and supports routine general maintenance repairs after normal working hours to authorized users for work that will take no longer, than four hours to complete. The equipment available for use includes:
- Car lift
- Tire changer
- Oil & Oil Filter disposal
- Standard Tools
Hours or Operations and General Rules:
- The hours of operation are Tuesday and Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Strongly recommend calling in advance for bay and car lift availability at (609) 898-6951. Any prior scheduled bay/lift that is not in use shall be held for 15 minutes after the scheduled time before being made available to walk-ins.
- The Engineer of the Watch (EOW) supports and provides supervision during hours of operation and can be reached at (609) 780-1788. The EOW will monitor all work being conducted, provide guidance, and ensure safety standards are met.
- The EOW will inspect the bay/lift area when check out is requested by the authorized user. The EOW shall determine when the user has adequately cleaned the area prior to the user’s release.
- The EOW is authorized to terminate or refuse services.
Note: The maintenance of fleet vehicles and heavy equipment always takes precedence.