Skip Navigation

Quick Links

Recruit's Loved Ones
Recruit Training
Base Status
Contact Us
Welcome Aboard Book
Facebook Twitter Youtube Flickr


Security Levels


Frequently Asked Questions

Who can I call for an issue about my recruit or recruit affairs?
Please contact Training Center Cape May’s battalion officer for recruit issues and affairs by clicking here. Include the recruit’s full name, report date and graduation date if available.
How can I contact my recruit in the event of a family emergency?
Please contact the American Red Cross Emergency Communications Center at (877) 272-7337 (toll-free) to contact a recruit or get a message to a recruit about a family emergency or situation. For more information about, please click here.
How can I get my company photo or recruit portrait?
Coast Guard Training Center Cape May does not keep a library of recruit company photos. If you graduated after 2000, you may contact the Training Center’s contract photographer at to see if a copy is available for purchase. Otherwise, we unfortunately cannot be of assistance to you.
Can I have a copy of my recruit company roster?
Coast Guard Training Center Cape May does not keep a record of recruit rosters beyond 2001. You may be able to connect with some of your boot camp shipmates on a variety of blogs, forums or social media sites.
Where can I get a copy of a graduation video?

Please contact VTS Productions at 609-463-6711 or click here to obtain copies of the graduation video.

Can I tour Training Center Cape May?
Tours are available to youth and school groups, community groups, and veterans and service organizations. Please click here to schedule a tour. Our volunteer Coast Guard Auxiliary tour coordinator will schedule your tour with one of our expert volunteer tour guides on the requested date if possible.
How can I find out more information about joining or a career in the Coast Guard?
Please visit to find a recruiter near you and to learn how you can become the future of America's Coast Guard..
Can I get a speaker for my group meeting or event?
Training Center Cape May can provide a speaker for your meeting or event. To request a speaker, please click here.
Where can I find the recruit journals?
You can access recruit journals at
What's my recruit's graduation date?
You can find your recruit's graduation date by clicking here.
How can I list my home for rent to military personnel and employees?
Please contact our Housing Office by clicking here.
How can I get Coast Guardsmen to volunteer for my event, service project or charity?

Please submit a community relations project proposal with the name and mission of the organization to the Public Affairs Officer by click here. We also request you include the date and times of the event, number of volunteers requested, scope of work, information on what supplies will be required and provided, and any other information pertinent to the event.

When is the next Sunset Parade, and who is authorized to attend?

Sunset Parades are colorful, inspiring military ceremonies featuring the Recruit Band, Drill
Team, marching troops, cannon fire, and a low level fly over by a CG helicopter. They take
place at sunset on the Training Center's parade grounds, are open to the general public,
and there is no admission charge. Children are welcome to attend, but should be
accompanied by an adult. The schedule for parades and other information is available here.

Where can I find more information about graduation?
Please click here for information about graduation day events.
Can I present my recruit his or her graduation certificate?

Active duty, reserve and retired members of the uniformed services may present a graduation certificate at the request of their graduating recruit. Additionally, law enforcement officers and firefighters may present graduation certificates. All presenters must be in the uniform equivalent of the Coast Guard Service Dress Blue from Nov. 1 to April 1 and Coast Guard Tropical Blue Long from April 1 to Oct. 31. Presenters must check in with the battalion officer in Ida Lewis Auditorium graduation day at 9:30 a.m. For additional questions, please contact Training Center Cape May’s battalion officer by clicking here.

How can I fly a U.S. flag at Training Center Cape May for a Coast Guardsman's retirement?

Please mail the National Ensign with a letter requesting it be flown to the following POC:

Commanding Officer
Attn: Ms. Tina Walker
1 Munro Avenue
Cape May, NJ 08204

In the letter, please include the retiree's full name and rank, years of service and boot camp company if available.

Please include a prepaid return or forwarding shipping label and packaging materials.



Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016
flickr youtube twitter facebook