How do you serve? The United States Coast Guard is seeking a
Marine Inspector (Liquefied Gas Carriers). This
position is available at the GS-12 level in Port Arthur, Texas.
- This position serves as a marine inspector providing technical
guidance, advice, and recommendations to Coast Guard Inspectors on
matters related to liquefied gas carrier vessel inspections or surveys.
- Participate in the administration and delivery of an Inspection
course, and serve as an associate instructor for student marine
inspectors when classes are convened.
- Serve as a civilian resident source for continuity in Liquefied Gas
Carrier inspections, technical issues, and special program support
activities and as a secondary inspection representative.
- Independently conducting marine inspections of a variety of gas
- Determine compliance with laws, regulations, and applicable
standards, existence of proper vessel documentation and certification,
safe and proper operating order of gas containment systems, gas
instability parameters and alarms, environmental and the paramount
safety issues surrounding the local community residing outside of the
blast radius, soundness and acceptable parameters of vessel structures
The necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to perform this job are:
- Applicants must also show experience providing technical
expertise and training to junior inspectors, providing input to
program planning, and assisting on special, more complex projects
such as overseas repair and construction verification that they
conform to established standards and processes including examination
of piping, valves, pressure vessels, hull plating, shaft tapers and
keyways, joints, and equipment using destructive testing,
nondestructive testing and associated diagnostic methods (e.g.,
radiographic interpretation, dye penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic
particle, remote underwater video).
- Experience as Master or Chief Mate onboard Liquefied Gas
Carriers is highly desired.
- Instructor experience is highly desired.
The Coast Guard offers excellent benefits including paid annual leave
and sick leave, flexible work schedules, a Thrift Savings Plan (TSP),
retirement and savings plans, health insurance, and on-site fitness
For more information and to apply online, search USAJOBS for Job
"12-1213-HQ-DM-D-R1" or go to