Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
What is REAP?
- REAP is a no cost education program for members of the Ready Reserve who are called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency as declared by the President or Congress.
Who is eligible?
- Members of the Ready Reserve who are called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency as declared by the President or Congress.
- Eligible Contingency Operations are OEF, OIF and ONE.
- You must have served at least 90 continuous days on or after 11 Sep 01.
- Members who did not complete the 90 days due to a line of duty separation may also qualify.
What are the benefits?
- Benefits are a percentage of the MGIB-AD 3 year rate based on length of time served on active duty.
- See Current Payment Rates on the REAP section of the VA website for rates.
- You may also contribute to a Buy-Up program where you may receive up to an additional $150 per month.
How can I get more information?
- Additional information can be found at:
- For further information on eligibility or Buy-Up, email ReserveVAeducation@uscg.mil. Please put REAP, your name & EMPLID in the subject line.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016