Spouses and Dependents
Spouses & Dependents
Go to College
- Spouses of active duty members may have ACE credit for examinations and/or for prior military experience. If so, spouses may request a Joint Service Transcript (JST) to document their ACE credit(s). Spouses are encouraged to review college credit by examination and especially the CG Institute Study Library for available examinations and resources. Many of these resources are free to spouses. See college credit by examination for details.
- If the spouse is also a former military member, please see the information under the Retirees/Separatees section.
- If items are missing or are wrong on the JST, the spouse should complete Application for Correction Form CGI-1562, at Active Duty Members/ Go to College section on the CG Institute web site. The spouse should provide copies of documentation for the missing items. For spouses, the Registrarís Office at the CG Institute often has to build the record in the JST because the initial data is not in Direct Access.
- More information about JST can be found under the Go to College section under Active Duty Members. You are encouraged to read this section as there are slight differences between the old CG transcript and the JST transcript yet the same credit should be documented.
Creating a JST Record
- In order to build a JST record for the spouse, the CG Institute needs additional information:
- To avoid exposing Personally Identifiable Information (PII), it is recommended that one of the following methods be used:
- Email: Email the scanned documents (.pdf format is preferred) with the PII and protect the documents with a password. Either send the password via separate email or by phone (405-954-0072).
- Fax: Fax the documents (405-954-7249).and then call the CG Institute (405-954-0072) with the needed PII.
- Mail: Mail documentation with PII via USPS.
Pay for College
- Since spouses/dependents are not eligible for tuition assistance, the following list may provide scholarship funding opportunities.
- College or University Scholarships and Grants (Check with the Financial Aid office of your college to see about additional scholarships they sponsor/offer.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016