HSWL FO New London Medical
- Routine follow up appointments are scheduled starting at 0800 for all eligible personnel. Active duty
personnel have priority. Retirees and beneficiaries are on a space available basis.
- Military sick call is 0700-0730 Monday through Friday. All active duty personnel should utilize the
acute care same day appointments available daily. All Active Duty personnel are to report in their uniform of the day.
Civilian attire is not authorized unless on leave.
- Same day appointments are as per schedule availability. All Active Duty personnel will have priority.
If no same day appointments are available, Retired or Dependent appointments may be cancelled to
accommodate Active Duty Members.
- To schedule an appointment please call (860) 444-8402.
- Routine appointments are 20 minutes.
- Acute care are 15 minutes
- GYN exams are 30-40 minutes
- Specialty appointments available for physical therapy and psychiatry departments.
- Physical exams are between 20-60 minutes.
- Minor Surgery are 40-60 minutes.
Sick Call Policy
URGENT conditions will be handled immediately.
- Military Sick Call is held Monday-Friday from 0700-0730 for active duty members with acute illness.
- All other care is by appointment. To schedule appointments please call (860) 444-8402.
- These appointments will be filled on a daily basis from 0700-0730. Same day Acute Care slots can be scheduled
via walk in or by calling the appointment desk at (860) 444-8402.
- Acute Care is defined as illness or injury that requires same day care.
- The morning hours can be crowded, so it is encouraged that members use appointment slots for non-urgent
health care needs.
- Non-active duty patients and beneficiaries are not seen in the clinic during sick call hours, other than on
an urgent need basis.
- Non-urgent cases may be deferred to the next available appointment.
- Military sick call is carried out in the outpatient clinic area on the first deck of Michel Hall.
- Permanent Party as well as Cadets who attempt to check in for sick call AFTER 0730 may be deferred to the
same day acute care schedule. In the event the same day acute care slots are filled, the member may be
deferred to the next day sick call.