- HSWL FO New London provides routine immunizations for eligible beneficiaries of all age groups and all patients categories.
- All beneficiaries who are enrolled under Tricare Prime should comply with policies and procedures
pertaining to their assigned Primary Care Manager.
- HSWL FO New London is only authorized to be a participating TRICARE PRIME site for active duty Coast Guard and as such, will NOT normally service the TRICARE PRIME beneficiaries.
- Immunizations are available on a walk in basis when part of a recommended, standardized immunization schedule.
Immunizations can also be ordered by our providers.
- We provide immunization interpretation, consultation, and clinically appropriate immunizations for all age groups.
- The optometry clinic is staffed by a licensed and certified contract optometrist.
- The optometry clinic provides comprehensive eye and vision examinations.
- Services include: refraction, prism for refractive errors or binocular dysfunction, ocular disease or injury, consultations for ocular disorders associated with systemic diseases or their treatment, prescription for corrective lenses, ordering adjustment, and the fitting and repair of spectacles.
- Patient education regarding ophthalmic conditions, treatment and prevention is also provided.
- This clinic provides eye care services to all categories of beneficiaries on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 0700-1230. Retiree and
dependant appointments are scheduled on a space available basis.
- To schedule an appointement contact the appointement desk at (860) 444-8402.
- The Coast Guard does not cover contact lens' exams, prescriptions or lens'. Any contact lens exam or purchase would be at the
Drug and Alcohol Representative
- HSWL FO New London Drug and Alcohol Representative (DAR) is a Coast Guard Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist.
- The DAR provides alcohol-screening services for cadets and officer candidates, and functions as an advisor to local Command Drug and Alcohol
Representatives and their commands.
- The DAR conducts, manages, and promotes a major program of drug and alcohol awareness and safety, makes presentations at the Academy and First
Coast Guard District units.
- The DAR is located on the second floor of the clinic and can be contacted at (860) 444-8217.