Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Are a valuable performance enhancement and career
- Are a personally tailored action plan that the
supervisor and individual use to identify short and
long-term personal and career goals
- Outline the training and developmental experiences to
achieve those goals, for the benefit of the individual, unit
and Coast Guard
IDP Commandant Instruction
Coast Guard Individual Development Plan (IDP) -
- Enlisted IDP User Guide (8 pages)
- Enlisted IDP (19 pages)
- IDP User Guide for Civilians/Officers/Auxiliarists
- IDP Form for Coast Guard
Civilians/Officers/Auxiliarists (3 pages)
Coast Guard Business Intelligence (CGBI) Reports
Unit IDP Report: To find out how your unit is doing, follow
CGBI (Coast Guard workstation only).
- In the "CGBI Cubes and Reports" box, type "IDP" in the
search box and click "Go."
- Find your district or appropriate organizational level
and click on the red and blue icon to the left of it.
- A report in .pdf format will open. The report includes
detailed information on all individuals required to have an
IDP, completion rates for individuals and units, a
green/yellow/red indicator, etc.