Seminar (formerly Supervisory Leadership)
About the Course
The Supervisory Development Seminar, conducted by
the Office of Personnel Management's Management Development Center,
provides employees with basic administrative and human resource skills.
Students will learn to evaluate their supervisory strengths and how to
best use them.
The training requires participants to be away from
their position for 2 weeks.
- Learn to deal with employee issues and problems
- Manage and value diversity to improve mission
- Discover how to avoid hostile workplace
- Effectively manage accounting and budgeting
- Learn to communicate successfully with
- Develop basic team development and leadership
- Learn to specify and negotiate employee
performance and conduct requirements
GS 9-12, WS 8-13, O2 to O4
Sorry! This course will NOT be offered this year. Please check
back next year!
- Coordinate with your Training Officer or ESO to
submit an Electronic Training Request (ETR) using Direct Access.
Course code: 501365.
- Write a statement that describes: (a) Your
current leadership responsibilities, and
(b) a recent work experience that involved extensive collaboration.
- E-mail the statement as an attachment to
- Include the course title and convening date
within the subject line of the e-mail.
- Include your supervisor in the cc line of
Costs are paid by Coast Guard Headquarters (AFC
56 "C" school account).
Selected individuals will be notified by record
message traffic of their selection. Alternates will be selected and will
attend the program in the event a primary candidate cannot attend.
See OPM's web site at http://www.leadership.opm.gov/programs/Management-and-Supervisory-Skills/SLSS/Index.aspx.
Leadership and Professional Development Opportunities