II Seminar (501362)
About the Course
The Management Development II Seminar, conducted by
the Office of Personnel Management's Management Development Center,
provides experienced managers the opportunity to work on dynamic
thinking, creativity, and innovative, results-getting implementation by
exposing managers to new approaches and processes. The program
strengthens the employee's competencies in the areas of
creativity/innovation, flexibility, cultural awareness, team building,
entrepreneurship, technology management, and influencing/negotiating.
The training requires participants to be away from
their position for 2 weeks.
- Gain skills in new ways of thinking and
managing that lead to greater organizational efficiency and
- Obtain skills to diagnose and assess their
organization's strengths and weaknesses
- Acquire ability to initiate and manage
innovation in a team-based environment that fosters originality,
flexibility and reasonable risk taking.
- Gain knowledge on how to apply appropriate
technology to enhance organizational performance.
Managers at the GS 12-14, WS 14-18, WL 14-15, and
O4 to O6 levels.
04-14 Aug 2014 (Application Deadline
- Coordinate with your Training Officer or ESO to
submit an Electronic Training Request (ETR) using Direct Access.
Course code: 501362.
- Write a statement that describes: (a) Your
current leadership responsibilities, and
(b) a recent work experience that involved extensive collaboration.
- E-mail the statement as an attachment
- Include the course title and convening date
within the subject line of the e-mail.
- Include your supervisor in the cc line of
Costs are paid by Coast Guard Headquarters (AFC
56 "C" school account).
Selected individuals will be notified by record
message traffic of their selection. Alternates will be selected and will
attend the program in the event a primary candidate cannot attend.
Leadership and Professional Development Opportunities