Civilian Orientation (502281)
About the Course
The Civilian Orientation course is available on the Coast Guard's learning
https://elearning.uscg.mil/ (Course Catalog: Employee Orientation:
Civilian Orientation). You will need a CAC before you can take the course.
The purpose of the course is to provide all civilian employees with an
understanding of the Coast Guard's overall missions, culture, and internal
processes. This course does not teach individual job requirements.
The training takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- Know the Coast Guard's customs, courtesies, ranks, and
- Know the Coast Guard's operational and support missions
and know the assets and the units that perform them.
- Understand the organizational structure.
- Know the history of the agency and understand the
purpose and future of the Coast Guard.
- Understand the personnel system and know the
professional development services that are available.
The course is targeted for all newly hired civilian employees but can be
used as a refresher by all employees.
Kin Szeto, COMDT (CG-12C), phone 202-475-5515, email