Seminar (501364) (formerly Leadership Potential)
About the Course
The Collaborative Leadership Seminar, conducted by the
Office of Personnel Management's Management Development Center,
provides employees who have potential for transition to supervisory and
leadership responsibilities a better understanding of the power of
leadership. Emphasis is placed on the core competencies of effective
leadership, such as self-awareness, human relations, interpersonal
skills, effective followership, leadership dynamics, and creative
The training requires participants to be away from
their position for 2 weeks.
an article written by a student who attended the course in March 2007.)
- Learn the foundations of leadership and how
leadership and management are complementary but not interchangeable
- Understand the importance of effective
- Understand the importance of a healthy
- Acquire the skills of self-leadership
- Identify your ethical structure for decision
- Understand situational decision making
- Learn the traits necessary for long-term
- Develop skills in conflict management
- Understand the importance of feedback and
develop skills in delivering it
08-18 Sept 2014 (Application Deadline
- Coordinate with your Training Officer or ESO to
submit an Electronic Training Request (ETR) using Direct Access.
Course code: 501364.
- Write a statement that describes: (a) Your
current leadership responsibilities, and
(b) a recent work experience that involved extensive collaboration.
E-mail the statement in a pdf file and send as an e-mail
- Include the course title and convening date
within the subject line of the e-mail.
- Include your supervisor in the cc line of
Costs are paid by Coast Guard Headquarters (AFC
56 "C" school account).
Selected individuals will be notified by record
message traffic of their selection. Alternates will be selected and will
attend the program in the event a primary candidate cannot attend.
See OPM's web site at http://www.leadership.opm.gov/programs/Individual-Assessment-and-Development/LPS/Index.aspx.
Leadership and Professional Development Opportunities