Career Entry Level Opportunity (CEO) Program
The Career Entry-Level Opportunity (CEO) Program is designed to attract
men and women to careers as Federal employees with the United States Coast
Guard. Managers may compete for a limited number of billets that are
centrally funded. The positions are allocated for a 2 to 3 year period to
develop candidates to meet future workforce needs. Upon successful
completion of the program, sponsoring program managers, using their own
resources, must place the employees into permanent billets.
- Allocation of positions to specific program areas is accomplished
through a nomination and evaluation process. Nominations are submitted
directly to the CEO Program Manager Erika Crawford at 202-475-5311.
- Positions filled under the CEO program must be filled at least two
grade levels below the full performance level of the positions.
- Appointments to the CEO program can be made using various hiring
authorities (e.g., Student Career Experience Program (SCEP), Federal
Career Intern Program (FCIP), Presidential Management Fellows Program
(PMF), Merit Promotion Program, Open Competitive Examining Program
(Career or Career Conditional), People with Disabilities Excepted
Appointment Hiring Authorities, and other Excepted Appointment Hiring
- Managers are required to create Individual Development Plans for
employees participating under the CEO program.
- Costs for training and rotational assignments are centrally funded
up to a specific dollar amount that is determined each fiscal year.
- Employees participating in the CEO Program are required to sign