Credentialing and Privileging
- Credentialing and privileging are required for all healthcare
professionals providing services to patients in the Coast Guard health
system. Health care professionals subject to this requirement include
physicians, dentists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners,
physical therapists, pharmacists, dental hygienists, and optometrists.
- Electronic privileging process is now through the Central
Credentialing Quality Assurance System (CCQAS)
https://ccqas.csd.disa.mil/ The process is initiated by the provider
requesting privileges through the CCQAS coordinator Maryann Millett, at
The links listed to the right have Provider Instructions for completing
the application. Links below the instructions are U.S. Coast Guard
supported core privileges for each professional category.
- The ability to perform all core clinical privileges is required
of providers assigned to the U.S. Coast Guard as applicable to the
- Providers may request supplemental privileges, which are in
addition and separate from the supported core clinical privileges.
Supporting documentation of education, training, and /or job experience will
be required for any supplemental privilege requested.
- Questions concerning the process should be directed to
CAPT Wade McConnell, (202) 475-5171 or email: