Documentation & Proof of Identity
- Proof of Identity is mandatory
- Two (2) valid forms of ID, one must be a non-expired picture ID.
- Primary Identification (non-expired) can be one of the following: Current ID Card, State Driver's License, California Identification card, or Passport.
- Second Identification can be one of the following: One of the Primary ID's as stated above, or SSN Card, Birth Certificate or Student School ID.
- An Expired Passport CAN NOT be accepted at anytime for proof of identification.
- Driver's Licenses must have an actual date of expiration, unless the state puts an expiration date of "Military", or other indication that the license will not expire until after the member leaves the military.
- All documents (Marriage license, Birth Certificates, Adoption decrees, Divorce decrees) must be Original or must be Certified copies of the original.
- All court documentation must be state or county certified stating that it has been filed and recorded in the courthouse.
- When a Social Security (SS) number is required, you may use a SS Card or other official government document that specifically states the number is a SSN. For more infomation visit the SSN Page.
There have been some major changes to the Sponsor's record in DEERS.
The Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) has lock down certain information,
on the sponsor's record, that CANNOT be updated by the ID card office,
this only deals with those personnel who have CAC's or are Retired.
The Lockdown Page contains more information about what cannot be updated by the ID office.
Common Access Card (CAC) Information may be found on the CAC Page.
Family and Dependent ID information is included in the All Other Military ID Cards Page.
ID card renewal information is found on the Renewal Information Page