Skip Navigation

Quick Links

Recruit's Loved Ones
Recruit Training
Base Status
Contact Us
Welcome Aboard Book
Facebook Twitter Youtube Flickr


Security Levels


MWR Frequently Asked Questions

What are the policies regarding the Jetty and Beach area?
All authorized personnel may use the TRACEN jetty area for fishing only.  Fishing is permitted from 0700 until 15 minutes after sunset.  Jetty passes are issued at the Main Gate and must be returned no later than 30 minutes after sunset.  Swimming and sunbathing is not permitted. The beach area is off limits to everyone.
When is the jetty closed?
The jetty will be closed from 31 December through 15 March. It will also be closed all times when weather conditions prohibit safe use.
When are intramural sports offered?
Softball – June through September

Basketball – One four-month period between October and May

Volleyball – One four-month period between October and May

Golf – One outing per month from April through November (Fee is charged to cover green fees)
How can I make a reservation for MWR equipment?
Contact Gear Issue by calling (609) 374-0770 or (609) 374-0767
Where can I hold a birthday party or other special event?
At the Harbor View Club, Oceanside Community Club, or the Picnic Pavilion. Please contact the Events Coordinator (609-898-6396) or the MWR Office (609-898-6922).
Is there a Lodging Facility on the Training Center?
Yes, we have Guest Quarters that consist of six fully furnished 2-bedroom units with a living room, kitchen, and full bathroom. Eligibility for assignment is through a priority list; those arriving and departing on PCS orders and active duty personnel on authorized TAD and leave status have precedence.
When is check-in/check-out for the Guest Quarters?
Check-in time is between 1:00 AM and 3:30 PM, and check-out is between 8:00 AM and 10:00AM, Monday through Friday. All occupants must check-in and check-out with the MWR Office. If you must check-in or check-out outside of these times contact the MWR Office to make alternate arrangements.
How far in advance do I need to make reservations for the Guest Quarters?
Since space availability can be limited, we recommend that you apply a month in advance or the earliest time possible.
Are there heating/air conditioning units in the Guest Quarters?
Do you have a place where I can park/store my RV, Boat or Trailer?
MWR currently does not have any facilities, but contact GSK at (609) 898-6936.
Is there Recreational Vehicle camping on TRACEN?
What are the community regulations regarding the use of a bike helmet?
It is required for bike riders of ALL AGES to wear a helmet on the USCG Training Center. Although the city of Cape May does not have strict requirements for helmet use, we highly recommend it due to hazardous drivers not from the local area.
How do I make a reservation for the Picnic Pavilion?
A Reservation Request Form must be filled out and submitted to the MWR Office. Additionally, if there will be alcohol at the event, an Alcohol Request Form must be submitted as well. Please refer to the MWR Facilities page for forms.


Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016
flickr youtube twitter facebook