Quick Links

Recruit's Loved Ones
Recruit Training
Base Status
Contact Us
Welcome Aboard Book
Facebook Twitter Youtube Flickr

Security Levels

National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) check current status


ID cards are issued on an appointment basis by calling 609.898.6337 or 6340.  ID card hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please be ready to provide the following forms of documentation:

  • Two forms of identification are required, one of which must have a photo.
  • DD 214
  • Marriage License
  • Birth Certificate
  • Other Pertinent Documentation

Any individual replacing a military ID card (unless lost) must bring their old ID card, in addition to the applicable documents listed above. The following are acceptable forms of identification:

  • U. S. Military Card
  • U. S. Passport
  • U. S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  • U. S. Social Security Card
  • U. S. Citizen ID Card
  • Military Dependent ID card
  • Driver’s License
  • Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Driver’s license
  • State, local, federal ID Card
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Unexpired Employment Authorization Card
  • Unexpired Temporary Resident Card
  • Foreign Passport
  • School ID with Photo
  • Voter’s Registration Card 
Under the Age of 18  
  • U. S. Social Secruity Card
  • School Record or Report Card
  • School ID with Photo
  • Birth Certificate
  • Clinic, Doctor, or Hospital Record
  • Day-care or Nursery School Report

Coast Guard, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, USPHS and NOAA

All Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Military ID Cards can be issued at CG Training Center Cape May.  In addition to the required forms of identification listed above, please follow the guidance and bring in the appropriate documentation listed below for your situation:

Re-enlistment/ Extension Copy of your Re-enlistment contract or Extension paperwork.
Advancement Copy of advancement certificate, LES reflecting advancement, or Headquarters Advancement Message.
Lost/ Stolen Card You will need to fill out a police report with your local Police Department and provide a copy for our records.  If lost on base, Contact Security Office @ 609.898.6915 to make an appointment to file a report.
Retired ID Card Initial issue bring in your retirement orders or your DD Form 214, which shows you have retired.
Note If lost or stolen, also bring your retirement orders or letter assigning you to either the TDRL or PDRL or DD Form 214 showing retirement status.

Conditions for Issuance of Dependent ID Cards

  • Any change in the sponsor's status affecting the use of the card should be reported to the nearest Identification Card issuing facility.
  • It is unlawful for a person to use a card to which they are not entitled.
  • No person shall have in their custody more than one valid DD Form 1173 in their own name.
  • The loss or theft of an identification card will be reported promptly by the individual concerned through the resubmission of a DD Form 1172 at the nearest ID Card issuing facility.

Documentation Needed for Issuance of ID Card

The DEERS check is the first source checked for verification, and if the dependent is enrolled, it is the only substantiation required. 

Re-issue of Dependent ID Card

Spouse Marriage Certificate or state certified/sealed marriage license. Your old ID card and two forms of valid identification; one must have a photo.
Child Your old ID card and two forms of valid identification; one must have a photo.
Note To be valid, common law marriages must have been entered into a state that recognizes common law marriages.

100% Disabled Veteran (DAV) Cards

You must bring in the VA letter (VA 20-8992), which states that you are authorized Commissary and Exchange privileges and whether or not any further physicals are required. Also, a copy of your DD-214 must also be brought with the VA letter. 

This VA letter will start out as follows: "The following certificate is furnished for your use in obtaining

Contact your local VA rep if you need this letter. No other type of letter will be accepted, this is per DOD and DOT ID card regulations, which state:

"Documentation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for honorably discharged veterans who are evaluated 100-per-cent disabled must certify that the veteran is entitled to commissary and exchange privileges and indicate whether a reevaluation is necessary. In addition to VA certification, the veteran must also present a DD Form 214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty"

Initial Issue Bring the VA letter and a copy of your DD 214 into the ID card office and the proper ID will be issued to you.
Re-issue If your card needs to be re-issued due to one of the following reasons, be sure to bring in the proper documentation as stated below.
Mutilated Card Your DAV letter, your ID card, and two forms of valid identification, one must have a photo.
Lost/Stolen Card Members must wait 24 hours before issuance of new ID card for a lost card. Stolen cards member must have the police report. Bring two forms of valid identification; one must be a photo ID. You will need to fill out a local form explaining the circumstances and it will need to be notarized by our onboard notary.
Note If lost or stolen, also bring your retirement orders or letter assigning you to either the TDRL or PDRL or DD Form 214 showing retirement status.
Download Plug-Ins
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 5/29/2014
flickr youtube twitter facebook