EOCT Administration Procedures
Education Services Officer
ESO responsibilities before administering exam
- Check the RAT Information page to make sure the test is current.
- Read section 2 - Administration on the test booklet.
- Check that the member has their Enlisted Performance Qualifications (EPQs/RPQs) signed off
- The testing area should be:
- Comfortable (AC or heat as appropriate)
- Well lit
- Properly ventilated
- The member's writing surface should be:
- Large enough for the test booklet and answer sheet to lie flat
- Members may not have these items in to testing area:
- Electronic devices of any kind (unless explicitly permitted by test instructions) including pocket organizers, PDAs, handheld or laptop computers, electronic writing pads, pen-input devices, etc.
- Digital or other types of photographic devices
- Cell phones, pagers, walkie-talkies, etc.
ESO responsibilities during exam
- ESOs may explain the meaning of instructions to a member, but shall NOT interpret questions, discuss exam topics or assist in solving any problem or question.
- ESOs may not discuss specific questions or answers they may have seen following the exam.
- ESO shall remain in the testing area at all times.
- ESOs must watch for and report any activity that indicates member misconduct.
- Members may not leave the testing area prior to completing their exam except for emergencies and only if accompanied by the ESO or designated proctor. ESO shall assume possession of all exam materials during member's absence.
- Exams may NOT be administered orally.
ESO responsibilities after exam is completed
- Print the member's score sheet and file it until the member's score is reflected in Direct Access.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016