Apply to College
Active Duty Member
Visit your college's website
- Almost all college have very complete websites, usually with a section just on admission. The website will have useful tools and information such as:
- A downloadable application form
- Admission requirements such as whether entrance exams are required, documentation required, etc.
- Checklists or other tools to organize your application
Take required entrance exams
- Request a USCG Official Transcript. Go to the JST website to request an official transcript.
- You will need transcripts for any prior college work you have completed. These can be requested from the college. Ask that the transcripts be sent directly to the college where you are applying or request sealed copies to send with the enrollment package. Do not open sealed transcripts, if you do, the college probably won't accept them.
How to submit a SOCCOAST college application
- Your application, student agreement and CG official transcript will be sent by the CG Institute to your college.
- The benefits of this are that the Institute becomes your liaison with the college and can assist in resolving problems when possible. You should still work directly with your college advisor.
- Remember that the education specialists at the Institute work for the Coast Guard and not the college. Therefore, they have YOUR best interest at heart. They will be glad to assist you with your questions. Contact the education specialist who prepared your package if you have any questions.