WINDWARD POINT LIGHT
Location: ON BLUFF POINT, EAST SIDE OF ENTRANCE TO GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA
Station Established: 1898
Date Built: 1904
Automated: Yes, year?
Deactivated: 1955; reactivated in 1988 with a solar light
Type of Structure: White cylindrical steel tower, molded copper cupola
Lens: Fourth Order (1904-?); LHB optic (?-1966); 36-inch Airway Beacon (DCB-36; installed 1966)
Characteristic: Flashing white, obscured from 166° to 274°
Researched and written by Melissa Buckler, a member of the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Light House Society.
Photographs (click on light name below to access image):
WINDWARD POINT LIGHTHOUSE; Caption: "Windward Point Light Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. 7th. CG. District."; Photo dated May, 1949; no photo number; photographer unknown.