Rig: Schooner (?)
The fifth cutter to carry the name Eagle was commissioned in 1824 and served out of New London-Stonington. She may have been constructed in Mystic or another nearby yard in Connecticut. She sailed under the command of Revenue Captain Frederick Lee until he retired in 1929. Revenue Captain Andrew Mather replaced Lee and served as Eagle's commanding officer until the cutter was decommissioned in 1834. She was replaced by the cutter Wolcott.
Captain Frederick Lee
Captain Andrew Mather
Cutter History File, U.S. Coast Guard Historian’s Office.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).
Research by William Wells, II, USCG (Ret.) & Dr. William Thiesen.