Operations Branch (FC-Tot)
The Operations Branch provides program managers and rating force managers within Deputy
Commandant for Operations (DCO) with high quality workforce performance consulting services and
training management support.
- Approve curriculum outlines for all Coast Guard training and associated requirements
including audience, content, and delivery.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of changed or new training solutions and
evaluate for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, maintain, and implement training system standard processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Mission Support branch for training center and training support unit
command assessment and standardization visits.
- Validate, coordinate, and analyze workforce performance problems and opportunities in
support of Coast Guard program managers using Human Performance Technology (HPT) methods.
- Coordinate performance, occupational, and training analysis with program managers and rating
- Coordinate with appropriate training and resource managers any changes to courses that will
necessitate changes in resource levels.
- Coordinate and manage the training evaluation program to include assessing quality, impact,
and cost of training and performance support interventions for DCO sponsored initiatives.
- Collect, coordinate, and validate training and education requirements from DCO.
- Review concurrent clearance documents for operational training system impacts.
- Review resource proposals for operational training system impacts.
- Facilitate the Enlisted Qualification Review process for DCO related ratings.