Education & Professional Development Branch (FC-Tepd)
The Education and Professional Development Branch coordinates educational opportunity programs for
Coast Guard personnel to improve the professional and academic abilities of the Coast Guard workforce.
- Manage the Enlisted Performance Qualifications System.
- Provide supervisory oversight of the Coast Guard Institute
- Manage the Coast Guard's voluntary education program to include tuition assistance, Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education
Support (DANTES), and Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC).
- Coordinate Enlisted Performance Qualification Reviews.
- Prepare resource proposals for voluntary education programs.
- Benchmark DoD voluntary education programs and initiatives. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the Coast Guard
education service officers.
- Serve as the Voluntary Education Service Chief and maintain liaison with the DoD Service Chiefs on high level policy issues.
- Manage the advanced education program including the training allowance billet (TAB) allocation process.
- Serve as program manager for the Coast Guard Foreign Language Program.
- Approve curriculum outlines for all Coast Guard training delivered by the Leadership Development Center and Training Center Cape May.
- Collect, coordinate, and validate training and education requirements from the Leadership Development Center and Training Center Cape May.
- Provide in-service testing authority for policy affecting the Armed Services Vocational Testing Battery.