Be sure you understand the legal requirements and prudent practices that apply to your vessel, no matter the size or purpose.
Boating Safety information and education are available from the following:
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary at http://nws.cgaux.org
- (800) 336-BOAT for the Boat U.S. boating safety course hot line.
- U.S. Power Squadron at www.usps.org
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment at www.michigan.gov/dnre
- County sheriffs’ offices, community colleges, marinas and boat dealers.