Station Port Huron
Original lifeboat station was created in 1898, known as Station Lake View Beach located 5 miles north of Fort Gratiot light. In 1931, three and a half acres of land surrounding Fort Gratiot Lighthouse was purchased by the government, and on April 13, 1932, Coast Guard Station Port Huron was officially opened. The old station “Lake View Beach” was abandoned in 1946. A new facility was opened in 2004.