Security Levels

National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) check current status

Sector Detroit LogoSector Detroit BannerNinth Coast Guard District Logo

Station Tawas

Station Tawas

History of Station Tawas

Original Lifeboat station was created in 1876, known as "Ottawa Point". The station is the oldest in the District, and the only surviving example of the first series of life saving stations on the Great Lakes. The name was changed on July 1, 1902. The station was also nicknamed Near Light Lake Huron.

Unit Websites

 
Official Site:
N/A
 
Coast Guard Site(s):
N/A
 
Non-Coast Guard Site(s)
http://www.buoy2.com/CGstation.htm
http://www.michiganlights.com/tawasemergency.htm
 
 

Contact Information

 
U.S. Coast Guard Station Tawas
600 Lighthouse Road
East Tawas, MI 48730
(989) 362-4429
 

 

Back to Unit Listing

Download Plug-Ins
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 12/31/2013