Official correspondence to service member upon receiving orders to MSU Chicago.
This document contains useful unit specific information for those not already familiar with MSU Chicago.
Each service member with orders to MSU Chicago will be assigned a sponsor to help ease the burden of their permanent change of duty station. Upon arrival, and as a part of the check-in process, each new crew member will also be assigned a mentor to guide them through their transition. The sponsor and mentor will not necessarily be the same individual.
1. Act as liaison between dependent family members and the Command.
2. Direct grievances and suggestions through the proper channels.
3. When a crisis arises at home, an Ombudsman can refer you to the best resources for help or professional guidance.
4. Help familiarize members and their dependents with organizations programs in the local area.
5. Keep dependent family members informed of unit specific information and events.
1. Addressing military problems between the service member and the Command.
2. Providing counseling for domestic or relationship issues.
3. Provide childcare or shuttle services.
4. Directing of any social events.
The Educational Services Officer is LT Laura Gould.
The responsibility of Educational Services Officer (ESO) at Marine Safety Unit Chicago is to ensure that individuals are aware of the various programs and benefits available, any changes that may occur to them, and to answer any questions that service members may have. The Coast Guard offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities and educational benefits to its service members and even extends many of the same to their dependents. All are highly encouraged to take full advantage of the abundant opportunities that the Coast Guard provides to pursue higher education and develop professionally and the unit ESO is committed to assisting service members meet their career and educational goals.
Our area Civil Rights Office point of contact is Rodney O. Brown (216-902-6456)