USCGC HOLLYHOCK (WLM-220)
The USCGC HOLLYHOCK (WLB-214) is named after a previous Coast Guard
cutter with the same name that served the United States from 1937 through
1982. The original HOLLYHOCK was launched at DeFoe Boat and Motorworks in Bay City, Michigan,
and was initially commissioned as part of the fleet operated by the U.S.
Lighthouse Service. When this government agency became part of the Coast Guard
in 1939, HOLLYHOCK provided 43 additional years of distinguished service before
it was decommissioned from the Coast Guard’s fleet on March 31, 1982. The new
Hollyhock was built in 2003 and is the 14th seagoing buoy tender built for the
U.S. Coast Guard by Marinette Marine Corporation, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.