Incident Managment Division
Under the direction and supervision of the Chief, Response Department, the Incident Management Division shall:
- Investigate and respond to all oil spills and hazardous material releases occurring or threatening to occur within Sector New Orleans Area of
- Enforce violations of U.S. law and regulation to eliminate pollution from vessels and facilities.
- Coordinate operations and logistics for all pollution incidents with local
state and federal agencies and local response organizations.
- Conduct harbor patrols to detect oil spill and hazardous substance releases and compliance with pollution prevention regulations.
- Coordinate Area Committee efforts to develop the Geographic Response Plan in accordance with the National Contingency Plan.
- Consults with the Regional Response Team (RRT), when necessary, in carrying out the requirements of the National Contingency Plan and keeps
the RRT informed of activities under the NCP.
- As a technical expert, supports the Sector Contingency Planning and Force Readiness Staff and the Sector Departments in directing and monitoring
Sector-wide preparedness and response operations for pollution investigations, marine casualties, terrorism, natural disasters, port
contingencies, marine firefighting, and marine transportation emergencies.