On Monday, April 30, 2012, new security certificates were added to all the CACRAS servers. This action was required because the current certificates for CACRAS were about to expire. Because the servers have the latest and greatest certificates and your PC may not have the corresponding certificates,when you attempt to connect to the CACRAS service, you could receive a Service not connected message or an error 412 message or some other type of error message. If you have run the DOD InstallRoot version 3.15 and/or successfully connected to the CACRAS service after Monday, April 30, 2012 at1530 Eastern, you need not take any additional actions stated in this email.
Because current CA certificates were added to the CACRAS Service, CACRAS users who have installed the VPN software prior to March 1, 2012, you may need to run the updated DOD InstallRoot. Again, to verify if you need to run the DOD InstallRoot, please attempt to connect to CACRAS. If you successfully connect to the CACRAS service with no errors, you need not take any additional action.
To obtain a copy of the DOD Install Root software and run it on your home PC:
- 1. Download the file and installation instructions from the TISCOM page within CGPORTAL link. The DOD InstallRoot file and instructions is in the middle of the page under the “Home Use Middleware and CAC Reader Installation” section.
- 2.If you are at work, you will need to place the files on a CD.
- 3. Take the CD home and move the files from the CD to your PC desktop. If you downloaded the files directly to your PC, please place the files on your PC desktop.
- 4. Once the file is on your PC Desktop, make sure that that the VPN client is not running and all sessions for your internet browser are also closed.
- 5. Follow the instructions as to how to apply the certificates via the InstallRoot version 3.15 file.
- 6. Once the InstallRoot file has completed running, attempt to connect to the CACRAS service.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the OSC HelpDesk on the CACRAS toll free number at 800-821-7081 for further assistance.