Skip Navigation


Security Levels

Sector Juneau Site Logo

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to Juneau, Alaska. We are pleased to welcome you to the Juneau area and look forward to your arrival. Your new assignment should be both challenging and rewarding. The history of Coast Guard service in Alaska is long and distinguished.

Reporting in to Sector Juneau

Reporting In - On your first working day report to the Sector Juneau Logistics office located in the Juneau Federal Office Building Room 265, with your sponsor, to start the check-in process. In the event that you have an emergency and are unable to contact your sponsor, please contact Sector Juneau's main phone line at (907) 463-2450.

Overseas Transfer - It is imperative that you understand all overseas transfer qualification requirements and entitlements. If you do not receive an approved entry approval message before departing your current unit, you may not be entitled to reimbursement of your travel expenses for you and your family or station allowances, such as COLA. You must, review medical, dental, housing/dependency and travel regulations. Stateside transportation officers may be unfamiliar with OCONUS entitlements, so feel free to contact Sector Juneau’s main line at 907-463-2450. You may also contact Base Ketchikan's transportation office at (907)228-0313 with any questions you may have regarding your household goods. For TLA purposes, your reporting date will be the date you arrive by ferry if you are using that mode of travel.

Travel - If traveling via the Alaska Marine Highway System (AMHS), you should ensure that your orders reflect authorization to travel via AMHS. All ferry tickets for PCS transfers to and from Alaska shall be purchased through a servicing Travel Management Center (TMC) and charged against a Centrally Billed Travel Account (CBA) and not against an Individually Billed Government Travel Charge Card. When making this purchase, members will be required to immediately provide the following information: all travelers first, middle and last name, date of birth, home address and phone number, and make, model, length, and height of vehicle(s) that will be using the ferry. When traveling with pets, you will need a health/rabies certificate issued not more than 30 days prior to ferry departure. If traveling through Canada you should bring birth certificates, photo id, valid drivers license, proof of vehicle liability insurance, proof of sufficient funds to handle emergencies, and rabies vaccination certificates for all pets. A valid passport is also required. For additional important information regarding Canadian laws and regulations, please visit the following website: The Electronic Foreign Clearance Guide Alaska ferries run year round and the schedules can be found at the Alaska Marine Highway. Reservations should be made as soon as possible.

Have a safe and enjoyable journey to Juneau, and we look forward to serving with you.

Links of Interest:

709 W 9th St.
Suite 223B
JUNEAU, AK 99802
(907) 463-2980
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016