1. When I PCS to Guam what type of travel M&IE do I get while flying?
A: You will receive 75% of Guam’s M&IE the day you arrive.
2. Will I be reimbursed for lodging if I arrive on the weekend?
A: Prior to your arrival you must obtain a statement of non-availability from Navy Lodging to stay in a hotel out on the economy and to be reimbursed.
3. Will the Coast Guard pay for me to ship my pets?
A: No, the CG will not pay for the actual travel. They will pay for
quarantine fees up to $550.00.
4. Am I authorized a rental vehicle while I’m waiting for my POV?
A: No you aren’t authorized, unless the date determined for arrival is exceeded.
5. Am I authorized a remain over night in Hawaii?
A: No, unless there are extenuating circumstances (i.e. delayed flight, etc. ).
6. May I be on proceed time and utilize TLA?
A: No, you have to report in to your unit in order to receive TLA.
7. When do my COLA and TLA entitlements begin?
A: Your entitlements begin the day you report in to your unit.
8. Should I charge my airfare to my gov’t travel card?
A: If you exceed 15 days of travel/leave you must charge the airfare to the CBA. If the amount of airfare exceeds $3000.00 you must charge the flight to the CBA.
9. How do I pay for my hotel when I utilize TLA?
A: you are authorized to use your gov’t travel card to pay for lodging and meals.