Sector Columbia River
2185 SE 12th Place
Warrenton, OR 97146
Sector Columbia River
Protecting the Pacific Northwest
Shipping of Household Goods (HHG) and Transportation Information
Coast Guard Sector Columbia River Administration department assists personnel with setting up the shipping of household goods, vehicles, and transportation planning. Moves concerning household goods shipments are coordinated through the U.S. Army transportation office at Fort Lewis. Arranging for household goods shipment or storage takes time for contracting and coordination. Personnel should ensure they make an appointment at least 20-30 days in advance of the date the shipment will be required.
Members are required to use the Department of Defense
Personal Property System (DPS) to schedule HHG moves. Check the DPS
Portal for processing HHG shipments.
HHG appointments are by appointment only. Please contact
YN1 Trisha Lichtenfels to schedule an appointment (503) 861-6115.
Office hours for Group Administration are normally week days 0800-1130 / 1300-1600. The office is closed 1130-1300. The office is also closed holidays and on unit training days.
- Household goods may have been stored at the point of departure, a temporary storage site, or at the destination
- A contact number should be listed on your paperwork for shipping your household goods
- Personnel must call to arrange for a release of household goods stored-in-transit (SIT)
- A written letter or request may be required to release your household goods from storage
- Fort Lewis transportation office may be able to help answer questions about release of household goods or location of storage 253-967-5093 - option 1
- Timing for the shipment of household goods is associated with the purpose of the orders
- Retirement - personnel must arrange for storage and/or shipment within one year
- Separation - personnel separating from the service have 180 days to arrange for storage and/or shipment
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) - household goods shipment related to PCS orders do not have a limiting time frame
- Set up an appointment with YN1 Mullins as soon as possible
- Shipments cannot be arranged with less than 10 working days for contracting services
- Entry approval must be gained for any overseas shipments
- Do-It-Yourself (DITY) moves require weight tickets and pre-approval on your orders
- The administration office and Servicing Personnel Office are located in the building immediately in front of the flag pole next to the Medical building
- Bring a copy of your orders (permanent change of station, retirement, separation)
- Have an idea of the date you would like to have your household goods packed/shipped
- Bring a copy of your overseas approval message (if appropriate)
- Estimate the overall weight of household goods you plan to ship (a good rule of thumb is 1000 lbs per furnished room)