Military and Dependent ID Cards
Sector Humboldt Bay is proud to be the primary issuer of military and
dependent identification cards to families throughout Northern California.
It will take approximately 30 minutes to have a new ID card printed.
All ID cards are issued on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.,
and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins
will be accepted as time permits. To make an ID card appointment,
please call our administrative staff during normal working hours, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m., Monday through Friday at (707) 839-6190.
In order to get your military/dependent ID card, you will need to bring
with you two other forms of current identification.
Expired identification cannot be used to obtain your
military ID card. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- State Driver's License
- Current Dependent ID - if you renew your ID before your previous ID expires
- Social Security Card
- U.S. Passport
- School ID - must have a photo
- Another Photo ID - produced by U.S. local, state, or federal government
For a full list of acceptable forms of ID, please see this document. Some other important points to remember:
- Sponsors must accompany their dependents for their dependent to receive an ID card (unless the sponsor is deceased).
- Newly-married spouses must bring their marriage certificate to update dependency data and enroll in DEERS.
- If a child over 21 requests an ID card, the child will need to bring a letter from
the registrar of his/her college to show that he/she is a full-time student.
- Children under
the age of 10 do not need dependent ID cards.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 9/19/2013