Skip Navigation


Security Levels

Sector NNE Administration & Servicing Personnel Office (SPO)

The Administrative and SPO Division serve as the Support Cadre for Maine, Northern New York, Vermont and Northern New Hampshire Coast Guard units. Service is provided to over 450 Active and Reserve members. We are located at 2 Monument Square, Second Floor, Portland ME 04101.

ID Cards

Please call (207) 741-5424 to ensure the office is open and the DEERS computer is up and running.

LOCATION:  The ID Card office is located on the main Coast Guard base at 259 High Street in South Portland. 

PHONE:  (207) 741-5424

Tuesday - Thursday:  8:00 to 11:00 AM and 1:00 to 3:00 PM
Friday:                     Closed

Our Office will be closed on all Federal Holidays, please click here for a current list.

For other ID card issuing offices, please click here

1. Active duty ID Cards:
     a.  To update information or obtain a new ID card must present your current ID card.
     b.  If your ID card has been lost or stolen, please bring some sort of verification of identity:
         driver's license, birth certificate, social security card, DD-214, DD-1172, letter from VA etc.

2. Dependents of Active Duty, Active Reserves, and Retirees:
    a.  Must have a DD-1172 signed by the sponsor if the sponsor is not present at the time the card
        being issued.
    b.  If dependent status has changed (i.e. marriage, birth of child etc.) or have a dependent over 21
         and under the age of 23 in college, you will need to provide the following documentation:
         Marriage certificate
         Birth certificate
         Adoption papers
         A letter from the college stating the student is a full-time student and anticipated
         date of graduation

We recommend that you call if you are unsure of what paperwork is required.

Vehicle Decals

The Vehicle Decal Program has been discontinued by the U.S. Coast Guard. 


Last Modified 1/12/2016