Skip Navigation


Security Levels

Welcome to theDistrict 1 emblem
U.S. Coast Guard First District
Legal Assistance Page

Boston, Massachusetts
Commander (dla)
First Coast Guard District
408 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110
617-223-8500 (phone)
617-223-8501 (fax)

Our Mission

Legal assistance takes your phone callThe Coast Guard Legal Program delivers high-quality legal advice and support to the people who carry out the varied functions of the Coast Guard. We assist people in their personal and professional lives to ensure their missions, operations, and activities can be achieved within the letter of the law. The First Coast Guard District Legal Assistance Program provides free legal assistance services to all active duty military members, dependents, reservists, and retirees.

Practice Areas

*Wills and Estate planning *Military Testamentary Instruments
*Powers of Attorney *Advanced Medical Directives
*Landlord-Tenant and Consumer Protection *Service Member Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
*Real Estate Transactions *Nonsupport and Indebtedness
*Adoptions and Name Changes *Domestic Relations
*Notary Public *Contracts and Lease Reviews
*Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment
 Rights Act (USERA)
*Referrals for Specialized Legal Services

We have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff on hand, and in the field, ready to assist you with your legal issues. Our experienced, award winning legal team understands our clients and is able to anticipate and provide the services they need to allow them to take care of their issues and keep doing their jobs without worry. We will provide you with candid, accurate, timely and confidential legal advice and practical guidance based on your individual needs.


Is Your Family Ready for Your Next Deployment?

-Do you have a guardian appointed to care for your dependent children? -Do you have an advanced medical directive explaining your wishes in the event you cannot communicate with doctors?
-Do you have an estate plan directing the disposition of your property? -Have you established a simple trust to take care of the educational needs of your minor children?

To find out more about our services, call us at (617) 223-8500 and visit the             "Legal Forms" page.


Last Modified 1/12/2016