To determine readiness, Coast Guard members shall be physically examined and required to meet the physical standards prescribed in the Medical Manual (COMDTINST M6000.1) for the program or specialty and grade or rate involved. An examinee who does not meet the standard shall be disqualified. Periodic Health Assessments and physical exams are conducted daily at Rockmore-King Clinic for those active duty and reserve members enrolled to Rockmore-King Clinic. The Health Services Division Customer Service Standards require physical exams to be scheduled within 30 days of the request and approved within 60 days after completion of the physical exam. You should allow yourself at least a 90 day window to ensure the physical exam will be completed in time to meet your needs.
Periodic Health Assessment
To schedule a physical exam contact the KMC Front Desk at 508-968-6782.
Procedures: To ensure your physical exam runs smoothly and to limit the amount of time spend filling out forms in the clinic, follow these procedures:
- You must fast for a MAXIMUM 12 hours and a MINIMUM of 9 hours prior to your physical exam. NO EATING! You can drink and are encouraged to drink lots of water. You may also drink strait black coffee or straight tea. Urine and blood samples will be necessary.
- If you wear glasses and have not had an eye exam in the last 24 months you must schedule an eye exam with an outside provider. Please make an appointment for a referral with KMC.
- If you are a female, a PAP is required and should be completed prior to the physical exam. Additionally, if you are at age 40, 44, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60, and 62 a mammography is required. A referral for a mammography and/or PAP can be completed by scheduling an appointment with one of the Medical Officers.
- You will need your Health Record (medical/dental record) with you on the day of your appointment.
Forms to fill out:
- Fill out the Periodic Health Assessment
- Fill out the highlighted areas on the Report of Medical Examination DD Form 2808 , Dental Health Questionnaire CG-5605, and Report of Medical History DD Form 2807-1, then print them out and bring the forms to your appointment.
- If you are a reserve member and are being activated or deactivated, print our the Report of Medical Assessment DD Form 2697. Then fill out the form and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you are active duty or reserve, you will visit the dentist here at KMC.
- If you are transferring Overseas, Sea Duty Deployment or completing your annual screening for Port Security Unit, print out the Screening Form, then fill it out and bring it with you to your appointment.
- The Medical Examination Report for commercial driver fitness determination is used for those seeking a license to transport explosive materials.
Types of Physical Exams: The following physical examinations can be completed at CG Base Command Kodiak's Rockmore-King Clinic.
- Periodic Health Assessments
- Overseas Transfer and Sea Duty Deployment
- Pre-Commissioning / Appointment
- Separation / Release from Active Duty
- Annual Command Afloat Medical Screening
- Biennial Aircrew/Aviator
- Aircrew/Aviator Candidate
- DIVER / BUDS
- EXPLOSIVE HANDLER