Leave - Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP)
- The Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP) allows employees to
donate annual leave to other employees who would otherwise suffer a
substantial loss of income (i.e., a financial hardship) due to
insufficient accrued annual or sick leave available to cover absences
- The Leave Recipient’s absence must result from a medical emergency
directly affecting the employee or affecting his/her family member,
thereby requiring the employee’ absence from work to provide some form
of assistance for the family member. The absence must result in, or be
expected to result in at least 24 hours of leave without pay in order
for the employee to qualify as a leave recipient.
- An employee experiencing a medical emergency meeting the criteria
must apply to become a leave recipient under the Voluntary Leave
Transfer Program (VLTP) in accordance with local command procedures.
Detailed information is available on CG Portal.
- The leave recipient is required to notify the VLTP Administration
staff as soon as possible of the date his/her VLTP medical emergency
ends. When the employee is no longer affected by the medical emergency,
he/she is no longer eligible to receive or use donated leave.
- The VLTP Administration staff contact is: