Workforce Development and Sustainment Division (CG-1213)
The Workforce Development and Sustainment Division:
- Develops policies and procedural guidance and provides program oversight in the following areas: performance management, incentive awards, and leave and hours of work related to alternative work schedules, telework, employee absence, and types of leave.
- Manages the performance management processes for civilian employees rated under the Excellence Achievement & Recognition System (EARS) and the Department of Homeland Security/Performance Management System (DHS/PMS).
- Manages the civilian incentive awards program, ensuring employees are appropriately recognized and rewarded. Coordinates Coast Guard participation in award ceremonies.
- Conducts retirement counseling and calculations and provides advisory services related to health/life insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Account, Long Term Care, Workers' Compensation, and other Federal civilian benefits and entitlements.
- Adjudicates civilian claims and waivers regarding leave, health benefits, life insurance and retirement, within delegated authority.
- Provides training, Coast Guard-wide, in performance management and incentive awards; also provides pre-retirement counseling.
- Monitors the civilian drug-testing program, assuring compliance with governing regulations.
- Develops strategies to address Coast Guard-wide systemic retention issues affecting appropriated civilian employees.