Employee Assistance Program
HSWL Regional Practice Seattle
EAP Coordinator Responsibilities
CISM COMDTINST 1754.3
- Establish file of ICISF resources.
* Coordinate team.
* Ensure peers are ICISF trained.
* Maintain peer roster.
- Approve peers for interventions.
* Conduct biennial pre-incident training at all units.
* Partner with chaplains.
* Ensure confidentiality & effectiveness of CISM interventions.
* Respond to AOR units on-scene if nearby, prolonged, multiple
or no other resources available.
* Coordinate/monitor non-CG teams responding to CG incidents.
* Report 30 Sep to WKW:
- Number pre-incident trainings & number of units in AOR.
* Number of incidents
* Team arrival.
Rape/Sexual Assault COMDTINST 1754.10A
- Immediately refer victim to medical & mental health resources.
* Refer false reporters to mental health.
* Encourage victims to file police report & cooperate.
* Initially monitor victims follow-up on care to ensure adequate/appropriate.
* Advise WKW of victims status.
* Maintain no case files.
* Ensure AOR units familiar with instruction & reporting requirements.
* Notify victims of their rights.
* Assure victim is treated with respect.
* Remain non-judgmental.
* Provide victim advocacy referrals during proceedings.
Workplace Violence COMDTINST 5370.10A
- Advise/assist commands on/and coordinate Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT).
* Select an EAP counselor trained to threat assessment when appropriate.
* Coordinate awareness training annually.
* Report incidents to WKW.
Prepare & coordinate a summary report to the convening authority on CIT
Suicide COMDTINST 1734.1 incl ch.1
- Report suicides, gestures & attempts to WKW:
* Full name or sponsor
* Marital status
* Current status
- Ensure confidentiality of reports FOUO on need-to-know basis.
- Establish file of resources.
- Coordinate awareness training annually.