Personnel & Administration Division
Personnel Support Department
The Personnel & Administration Division is located in the Administration side of the Rittichier Building.
We provide a wide variety of services which are as follows:
Administrative services for Base Portsmouth and USPHS;
Tidewater AOR Flight Arrangements/GTA; Mutual Assistance; DEERS, and ID Card
Admin & Customer Service Staff
||(757) 686 4002
Hours of Operation
- Appointments are required.
- Monday through Friday: 0730 to 1600
- After hours contact the OOD at (757) 483-8540
ID Cards: (Click here for ID Card Information)
- On 01 July 2014 the Base Portsmouth ID Card Office switched to appointments only.
- Monday through Friday - 0730 to 1530
- 3rd Thursday evenings - 1600 to 1700
- 3rd Saturday of each month - 0900 to 1130
- Appointments are scheduled in 30-minute increments to allow enough time to process CACs. Scheduling begins at
0730 with 1530 being the last appointment time of the day. Appointments may be made up to 7 days in advance
by calling the appointment line (757) 686-4002 or going online to
GTA/Flight Reservations: Monday through Friday, 0730 to 1530
- If member has a government
charge card, they should make their own reservations. The only
exception to this is if the TAD is over 21 days or if the tickets are
- If a member does not have a
government charge card and their permanent unit does not have a
Government Travel Account (GTA), the unit Admin will need to provide
Base Customer Service with a copy of orders, a reservation worksheet,
or send an e-mail to one of the Customer Service YNs with all the pertinent information. For MAC
reservations, all of the above info applies as far as copies of orders
and reservation request.
- Once reservations are made, we
will contact the individual and provide them with a copy of their
itinerary electronic tickets. All personnel must
contact SATO and ensure their reservation is confirmed several days
Debit Card Advances: J. P. Morgan Chase Debit Card issuances are By appointment only.
Monday through Friday, 0900 to 1100 and 1300 to 1430.
- If a member has a government charge
card, they should get their advances at an ATM machine. The J.
P. Morgan Chase Debit Card program is to be used for paying advances
to non-cardholders in emergency short notice travel.
- If a member is not a government charge
card holder, they will need to bring their original orders and the original
typed SF1038. The typed SF1038
should be signed by the member's unit in the case of TAD orders. They will also need their ID card.